60 Main Street News
Every month, the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce compiles news
of interest to local businesses, legislatures and residents. Enjoy the archives
of "60 Main Street News".
• Jan. 2012 Chamber celebrated our 101st Annual Dinner at the Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center. The theme of the night was "Our Sustainable Future" and we had over 700 guests in attendance! Click here
• Dec. 2011 -The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce is pleased to announce the appointment of six new members on our Board of Directors. Please join us in welcoming them! Click here to read more.
• Nov. 2011 -The Chamber, GBIC and Burlington-area business leaders recently met with our legislators to discuss ideas for creating a thriving private sector economy. Workforce development and training emerged as one of the key elements needed to retain and attract investment in Vermont. Click here to read more.
• Oct. 2011 - Over the first half of 2011, the Chamber undertook the extensive and exciting process of overhauling our website, www.vermont.org. One of our major goals was to ease the navigation throughout the site and gain more exposure for our members. Click here to read more.
• Sept. 2011 - The Chamber has placed a strong emphasis on our Canadian visitor market. As part of this undertaking, we have offered two series of French Québécois language classes to our tourism and hospitality members and the addition of our Google online Translator in the Visiting and Tourism section of our website. Click here to read more.
• Aug. 2011 - Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce members are now eligible for a special discount of up to 30 percent on business high-speed Internet from FairPoint Communications. As you are a valued Chamber member, FairPoint wants to support your business with aff ordable, reliable tools that will enable you to focus on what you do best and save valuable time and resources. Click here to read more.
• July 2011 - Experience the grand imperial cities Budapest and Prague with glorious pasts and uncover a wealth of history, culture and tradition. This trip of a lifetime consists of nine days, seven nights including hotel, meals, day trips, round trip airfare, and motor coach transportation to and from New York. Click here to read more.
• June 2011 - Chamber’s New Information Center Opens on the Burlington Waterfront After a wet beginning to the season, we are looking forward to fi nishing the summer season on a high note. Our newest information center location on the Waterfront is located on College Street and is staff ed by a Chamber Tourism professional ready to refer visitors to area attractions, hotels, and restaurants. Click here to read more.
• May. 2011 -Our goal at Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce is to provide area businesses with such a wide array of benefits that no matter what your individual needs may be, we can meet them! Click here to read more.
• Apr. 2011 - The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce and Champlain College’s Center for Professional and Executive Development (formerly the Workforce Development Center) will launch their second year of Excellence in Executive Leadership (ExcEL). Click here to read more.
• Mar. 2011 - The 19th Annual Ambassador’s Silent Auction and Taste of the Chamber! This event is one not to miss with over 370 items to bid on, all generously donated by our membership. With 13 food stations to sample from, it is a night of fun! Click here to read more.
• Feb. 2011 - The Vermont Convention Bureau had an excellent year of business in 2010, booking well over 21,000 guest rooms for the many conferences and events held in Vermont. The VCB's member properties throughout the state hosted these travelers, producing over $6 million dollars in economic impact for Vermont. Click here to read more.
• Nov. 2010 - The Chamber, GBIC and prominent Burlington-area business leaders recently met with the candidates for the legislature to discuss how businesses
and legislators can work together to create a thriving private sector economy. Click here to read more.
• Sept.. 2010 - You talked and we listened. The Chamber is rolling out a new email customization program that will allow you to tailor your email experience with us. Our new “email options” program will allow you to pick and choose among various topics. Click here to read more.
• Aug. 2010 - It's hard to believe, but The Cows Come Home to Burlington, a public art exhibit in the downtown area, has been 'out to pasture' for three months! In that time, the Cows have garnered much attention and affection from Vermonters and tourists alike. Once the art exhibit starts to enter its final phase, Cow admirers will have the chance to bring them to pasture - at home! Click here to read more.
• June 2010 -The Excellence in Executive Leadership program starting this September, delivered in collaboration with Champlain College’s Division of Continuing Professional Studies is a unique program directly addresses the organizational challenge that most growing companies face: building bench strength for executive succession. Click here to read more.
•May. 2010 - The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce has teamed up with the Addison County and Rutland Region Chambers of Commerce on the important issue of rail infrastructure. These Chambers are proponents of a rail concept called 'BRBA' (Burlington- Rutland-Bennington-Albany) and have asked our Congressional delegation for help via stimulus rail funding opportunities. Click here to read more.
•Apr. 2010 - The topic for this year’s closing session of our legislative breakfasts was Government Accountability. The panel, moderated by LCRCC Board Member and State Senator Diane Snelling, was comprised of the head of the State Employees union, the Secretary of the Agency of Human Services, and staff from the Public Strategies Group. Click here to read more.
•Mar. 2010 - The national "Great Waters Coalition", namely to collectively lobby for more federal funding to clean up polluted bodies of water including the Great Lakes, the Gulf of Maine, and Chesapeake Bay. There was one glaring exception from the list – Lake Champlain. Vermont applied to join the Great Waters Coalition and their entreatment was accepted – which brings Lake Champlain into a national alliance. Click here to read more.
•Feb. 2010 - The Chamber recently performed an in-house analysis of our 2009 website traffic. One of the main features we zeroed in on was the source of website visitors. We researched their state or country of origin; this provides an interesting snapshot of who is visiting our site, how long they're staying, and which pages they end up on. Click here to read more.
•Jan. 2010 - 99th Annual Dinner a Celebration of Our Community, Commitment, and Vision. The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce celebrated their 99th Annual Dinner with a sold-out room of 650 members and a rock-solid list of award recipients.
Click here to read more.