APPLYING FOR A CERTIFICATE OF FREE SALE
To obtain a Certificate of Free Sale (COFS), please provide the following documents to the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce (LCRCC):
1. The application form (provided by LCRCC) with company contact information and destination location.
2. A list of specific products (must match products on invoices).
3. Copies of two separate invoices for the sale of each product to US customers. The invoices must be dated within the last 12 months, and the product names on the invoices must match the names that will be put on the certificate. NOTE: Multiple products may be listed on a single certificate, but separate invoices showing the sale of each product to a US customer are required.
4. A signed and notarized affidavit (template provided by LCRCC) stating the authorized signatory’s role within the company, affirming that products were manufactured in the United States, and swearing the accuracy of the provided invoices and product list.
NOTE: Please check below to determine whether your products are eligible for certificates issued by the LCRCC. If the destination country requires an apostille, please contact the Vermont Secretary of State’s Office.
COFS are free for Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce members. There is a $50.00 fee for each COFS issued to a non-member. Payment by credit card required prior to issuance. Please email all documents to Nicole Belanus, firstname.lastname@example.org. A hardcopy of the application and the affidavit MUST BE provided to us before we can issue a certificate. COFS will be issued within 5-7 days of receiving all necessary documents.
PRODUCTS ELIGBLE FOR CERTIFICATE OF FREE SALE:
The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce (LCRCC) will issue Certificates of Free Sale (COFS) for the following types of products:
• Animal Supplements
• Soaps and Lotions
• Additives and Flavorings
• Cleaning Products
• Over the Counter Topical Treatments
The LCRCC does not issue Certificates of Free Sale for those products regulated by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (VAAFM). Please check with VAAFM about receiving a COFS for the following types of products:
● Milk and Dairy Products for Human Consumption
● Frozen Desserts
● Commercial Feeds and Seeds
● Meat and Meat Products
● Maple Syrup and Maple Products
If your products are not covered by either the LCRCC or the VAAFM, please contact the U.S. Food & Drug Administration to obtain your COFS.