It’s okay to #HumbleBrag about spending time in Vermont. With so many gorgeous places to see, it’s nice to share your experiences with friends and family. You might just inspire them to come with you next time! Also, when seen in person, you’ll quickly understand why many posts of the Green Mountain State have #NoFilter: it’s just naturally that lovely! While you’re out, share your snapshots with us at @Vermontorg on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
1. Along @ChurchStreet: Amid the colorful shops, entertainment and public art, it’s hard to find a bad angle here. The beloved sculptures of Leap Froggers and Big Joe Burrell are perennially photogenic.
2. Sunset at Waterfront Park: This crowd-pleaser shared on social via #VTSunset almost daily, offers up dynamic light rippling across Lake Champlain, with sailboats and the Adirondacks enhancing the perfectly picturesque scene. Tip: don’t just come in good weather. Overcast and dynamic clouds offer contrasts that make for excellent pictures!
3. In a brewery or tasting room: Amid revelers and tasty libations, the lighting is always great and spirits are high! Try @Switchback-Beer, @CitizenCider, @Groennfell, @MagicHat, @FarnhamAleLager, @WhistlePigRye, @ShelburneVinyrd, @Snow-farmWine, @BWinery, Huntington River Vineyard, @EastShoreVnyrd, Hall Home Place Ice Cider ….or charge your phone and go wild with #Vermontshots – and we do mean photographs – while on Burlington’s @BrewTours.
4. In motion on the Colchester Causeway: Along this pedestrian path, cycle or walk while being literally surrounded by Lake Champlain. Better yet, hop aboard the @LocalMotionVT Island Line bike ferry and capture some video!
5. At the table: Ample dining venues present locally produced meals that will make you want to capture the culinary artisanry before digging in! We suggest ordering dessert, purely for the photo ops!
6. Atop Mount Philo: One of @VTStateParks, this easily accessed perch offers expansive panoramic photos of the Lake Champlain Valley.
7. Amid all the comforts of home: Whether you’re at a hotel, a chic inn, cozy B&B, or a quiet campground – capture a memory of your down-time in #BTV. Whether by the fire-place enjoying @LCChocolates hot cocoa or in the flower garden reading the latest @SevenDaysvt or @BFP_News, share the relaxing moments of travel.
8. While getting #Artsy. Whether you’re at @PaintandSipVT for a ladies night, @HigherGround or @FlynnCenter for a national act, @BurlCityArts for an exhibit opening, @ArtsRiot for its food-truck & music nights or simply meandering in the #SouthEndArtsDistrict, there will be ample photo-ops to showcase your impeccable taste in #VTarts!
9. In the #LakeChamplain Islands: Head north to capture pristine beaches, lush vineyards and orchards, plus mountain views and… coral reefs?! Yes, it’s true, head to the Fisk Quarry and grab a photo of the oldest known coral reef in the world!
10. While picking up milk: No visit to Vermont is complete without enjoying the old-time charms of general stores that offer locally baked goods, children’s toys, gifts and farming equipment – among 1000’s of other items of merchandise. Texting a general store photo is some-what akin to sending a vintage postcard. Add Isle La Motte Country Store, Keeler’s Bay Variety Store & Hero’s Welcome General Store to your itinerary.
Photo Credit: Nicole Belanus