City Market, Onion River Co-op, is a community-owned food cooperative in downtown Burlington that provides a critical service to the residents of the Lake Champlain region by providing conventional, organic and local products at a fair price to all. Over 4,000 customers pass through their doors each day in search of the quality products offered at City Market.
The co-op is dedicated to supporting the local economy and strengthening the local food system. City Market works with thousands of Vermont vendors to feature a wide selection of local and Vermont-made products.
City Market is member-owned, so the profits generated by Co-op members are returned to their members in profitable years through their Patronage Refund program. Member of the Co-op enjoy many benefits and advantages, including:
- Discounts at many locally-owned businesses through their Community Connections Program.
- The opportunity to do member work by volunteering in the community for store discounts.
- Run for the Board of Directors and vote in their annual Board elections.
- Become the feature Artist of the Month in their Member Artist Café Gallery.
- Free water from their Reverse Osmosis water machine.
Our first full day at our South End location has come and gone but the love and support we received from our Members, customers, shoppers, employees, and area residents is something that will stay with us forever! We are incredibly grateful for everyone who has already stopped by the new location and if you haven't, we hope you're able to soon! #CityMarketCoop #Coop #RootedInVermont #GoVermont #BTV #BurlingtonVermont #Vermont #GoldenHour #Sunset