The Chamber helps to create a stronger, more dynamic and prosperous business community. As a member, your business enjoys a competitive edge with leadership opportunities, connections to business leaders and business-building initiatives. The Chamber also works to create a climate of growth and success in which all Vermont companies regardless of size or industry can prosper.
The Burlington region has long attracted residents and companies alike. Our booming economy, commercial activity, rich cultural scene, and ideal physical location between Lake Champlain and the Green Mountains makes our mission an easy one: we promote and support a healthy environment that makes the Burlington region and Vermont the ideal place to live, work and do business.
To accomplish this goal, the Lake Champlain Chamber’s staff members:
• Provides socially responsible leadership to improve the region and state’s economic environment;
• Creates a coalition among business, education and government to address public policy issues and represents their interests in Montpelier via our Government Affairs team;
• Positively promotes our region and its quality of life;
• Provides its nearly 2500 members with quality services that are responsive to their needs and that will enhance their ability to succeed. More than 87% of member businesses have 25 or fewer employees;
• Engages and nurtures potential community leaders through Leadership Champlain to encourage proactive involvement in the issues facing the region and the State of Vermont;
• Provides leadership and support through the Lake Champlain Workforce Investment Board (WIB) for a responsive workforce development system that aligns the region’s workforce needs with educational curriculum and training resources.
To learn more about the Chamber, visit www.vermont.org/chamber.