Applications Open: 2018 Summer Interns
We are looking for two motivated, and creative interns for the 2018 Summer Semester:
To Apply: Upon reviewing the intern descriptions, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Three References
We are excited to announce a new opportunity to get involved with our work! The VCWA's Collegiate Liaison position is now open for applications from
Saint Michael's College and Champlain College!
Collegiate Liaisons will serve as the "social arm" of the VCWA, providing support at certain events, promoting our mission and events on local campuses, and enhancing your professional and personal network throughout the community!
This position provides the opportunity to hone critical skills in messaging, branding, and network building in a collaborative environment at a growing educational nonprofit. Liaisons will help spread the word about VCWA as a whole, and our upcoming events at their respective colleges and universities.
Duties and activities encompass, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in developing and carrying out social media outreach strategies
- Assist in developing traditional media outreach strategies
- Assist in developing branding strategies
- Create tabling events and campaigns
- Assist in community outreach
- Assist in planning and executing events
- Work on special projects as needed
This Position would require no more than 5 hours a week. Goals include:
- One informative event at respective college a month (tabling, bake sale,announce during classes, hand out flyers, etc)
- Assist in social media campaigns once a week (i.e. sharing our page, posting on Instagram, tweeting)
- Assist in event planning and execution (finding venues, creating flyers, attending events when needed)
The ideal candidate should possess strong computer skills, the ability to work independently as well as on a team, and the ability to speak to your community and strangers about our organization. The candidate should be a voracious newsreader, possess a keen interest in foreign affairs, and have a desire to find creative solutions to complex challenges. Experience with social media, community outreach, and public relations, are a plus.
Interested or know someone who would be a great fit? Fill out an application!