This calendar is for business events only (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc…). If you have an event that you are looking to promote that is not a business event, please post it to our Tourism calendar.
Once your event is submitted, it will take up to 2 business days before being visible on the calendar.
Questions? Email [email protected].
(if you are scheduling a recurring event, make sure the start/end dates you enter at the top are for the first day of the event )
MANY EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELED OR POSTPONED DUE TO CONCERNS OF SPREADING COVID-19. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE ORGANIZER TO FIND OUT IF THE EVENT IS STILL HAPPENING.
- This event has passed.
Webinar – Idea to Action! Your 3-Week Roadmap to Self-Employment
April 16 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
One event on April 9, 2020 at 5:30pm
One event on April 16, 2020 at 5:30pm
Got a business idea but not sure if you’re cut out to be an entrepreneur? This 3-week course is for you!
About this Event
Are you considering making the leap to self-employment? Got a business idea but not sure if the entrepreneurial life is for you?
Join Mercy Connections for Idea to Action, a three-week course on preparing for life as an entrepreneur, and find out!
DATES: Thursdays, April 2nd, 9th and 16th (must attend all three) 5:30-8:30 pm
In this course you will:
- Explore the pros and cons of self-employment in a small-group setting
- Identify potential barriers to your success so you can work with them
- Create a vision of what you want for your life and business
- Make a 90-day action plan so you can get started right away!
By the end of the three weeks:
- You’ll know whether or not self-employment is right for you
- You’ll have a clear vision of what you want for your life and business
- You’ll know exactly what you need to do for the next 90 days to make it happen
Come curious, leave inspired and armed with the confidence to take on what’s next!
TUITION: $150 includes all three classes, materials, and bonuses. Partial scholarships may be available for those who qualify. Contact Lisa Wood for more information.
This class is for anyone considering starting a business and is open to all gender identities. Pre-registration is required.
Supported in part by the Burlington Community Economic Development Office, the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Burlington Telecom, and the TD Charitable Foundation