This calendar is for business events only (workshops, seminars, conferences, etc…). If you have an event that you are looking to promote that is not a business event, please post it to our Tourism calendar.
Once your event is submitted, it will take up to 2 business days before being visible on the calendar.
Questions? Email [email protected].
(if you are scheduling a recurring event, make sure the start/end dates you enter at the top are for the first day of the event )
MANY EVENTS HAVE BEEN CANCELED OR POSTPONED DUE TO CONCERNS OF SPREADING COVID-19. PLEASE CHECK WITH THE ORGANIZER TO FIND OUT IF THE EVENT IS STILL HAPPENING.
- This event has passed.
Managing Workplace Communication Training
November 7, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$60.00
Hello LCRCC Member! Are You Finding That Your Team Dynamics Could Be Greater? Then You Can’t Miss This Dynamic Workshop.
Managing Workplace Communication
Presented by Pinnacle Resolutions, LLC (VBSR Member) & Brian H. Miller Conflict Consulting
November 7th 2019 – 8:30 am – 12:30pm
The Vermont Insurance Agents Association at 600 Blair Park Road, Suite 100 Williston, VT
This is essential communications training for HR Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders, Presidents, and others. This workshop will teach you the most valuable skill of all – how to communicate effectively with people. You will look critically at the concept of conflict in the workplace, and learn how to recognize and address it effectively for greater team-work and morale. Disputes in the workplace are inevitable. Differences in beliefs, values, individual needs, combined with a lack of awareness about how to navigate those differences can often lead to discord and poor performance. In this training, you will look in-depth at your individual conflict style, dispute intervention processes and learn various skillsets for communicating more effectively for your team’s cooperation and success. Through a variety of individual and group exercises, reading hand-outs and discussions, you will deepen your awareness of conflict prevention and intervention tools and build your capacity for using these strategies to maintain strong working relationships that maximize your group’s potential.
- To explore individual communication styles and the ways your own behavior both helps and hinders your effectiveness in managing disputes with coworkers and customers.
- To gain skills for more effective intervention and navigation of conflict when it occurs with coworkers and customers.
- To build a basis of understanding and familiarity around various dispute resolution practices and processes (dialogue, negotiation, mediation).
- To develop basic conflict intervention skills including effective listening, reframing, asking the right questions, and differentiating between positions and interests.
- To increase levels of collaboration and mutual support with coworkers and customers by way of practicing needs-based conversations.
- To proactively design and develop a dispute management system to effectively intervene in conflicts.
- ” To assess the potential for workplace violence and appropriate safety responses.
Cost: $60 per person and registration and payment can be made online at https://managingcommunication.eventbrite.com
Presenters: Ben Bosley has 10+ years, mediation, training, leadership advising and VBSR member & Brian Miller has 10+ years police crisis negotiating, training and meditating.
Visit www.PinnacleResolutions.com to learn more!