The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce’s four person advocacy team, with a combined 40 years of experience, represents our members at the local, state and federal level. Our advocacy includes tracking dozens of legislative initiatives, informing members of potential impacts to their business, offering expert testimony on behalf of members, and lobbying lawmakers on behalf of our business community. Our advocacy team also works outside the legislative process to influence rulemaking and regulations, serve as an advocate for our members when engaging with agencies and departments, and engage in legal cases that impact our business community.
Highlights of the Work We Do for Members:
- A weekly legislative update covering the issues that matter most to our members. The update is sent weekly during the legislative session and is designed to keep members informed and engaged.
- Outreach to members on legislation we think could affect your business and requests for feedback to direct our work.
- Testifying on dozens of bills that affect our members.
- Providing opportunities for members to hear from the state leaders such as the Governor, House Speaker, and the Senate President Pro Tem.
- Bringing our members together with key decision makers our monthly public policy meetings.
- Updating members as new laws and regulations take effect so that members can comply.
The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce also hosts a variety of advocacy related events. Check out our events calendar to learn more!
How can I get involved?
The Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce always accepts feedback/input regarding anything related to advocacy. Please take full advantage of your membership by reaching out to us at [email protected] so that we may represent you.