Leadership Champlain is a professional development and community engagement program of the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce with a mission to foster growth and leadership in professionals who will serve our community now and in the future.
Leadership Champlain consists of retreats, full-day seminars, service projects, discussion groups and community tours from September to June. Participants meet monthly to explore critical community issues, examine themselves as leaders, and build relationships of trust and understanding.
In its 30th year, the program objectives are: to equip its participants with the knowledge and skills to become civically engaged; to facilitate discussion around a wide breadth of topics amongst a diversity of perspectives; and to engage in reflective and collaborative activities surrounding these topics. Graduates of the program will leave steeped in knowledge about the biggest issues our community faces, inspired to get involved where they are interested, and connected to the right leaders to make a change.
Each day of Leadership Champlain is focused on a specific sector. The program outline is as follows:
September: Two-Day Opening Retreat
October: Human Services
November: Business and Economy
December: Government & Politics
January: Criminal Justice
April: Energy and Environment
May: Civic Engagement, Board Governance
June: Closing Retreat, Graduation
- Holds a position of leadership in their employment or volunteer organization;
- Displays evidence of mature judgment and exceptional leadership qualities;
- Demonstrates a strong interest in and commitment to the community through significant voluntary roles in community organizations;
- Is qualified to utilize leadership skills through service for the long-term benefit of the community;
- Has obvious potential for growing personally and effecting change;
- Is willing to commit the time and energy necessary to complete the program.
Impact & Performance
Ready to Apply?
Applications for the Class of 2020 will open up on March 4, 2019. If you’re interested in applying and would like to be notified when the application process opens up, email Tori at [email protected].
This program is offered as an educational service for members of the Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce. We feel strongly that LCRCC membership provides invaluable benefits to local businesses and we encourage all non-member applicants to become Chamber members. Read more about Chamber membership here.