The Pan-African Youth Leadership Program (PAYLP) brings together students from across Africa with adult mentors for a three week U.S.-based training and cultural exchange. The program strengthens the students’ understanding of civic rights and responsibilities, respect for diversity, and the importance of community engagement. Also included in the PAYLP design is a series of workshops on social entrepreneurship and two weeks of living with American host families.
Between July 29 and August 11 of this summer, the VCWA is welcoming a cohort of young leaders from four different francophone countries. While visiting, their PAYLP program will include:
- Interactive leadership trainings
- Conflict resolution seminars
- Entrepreneurship classes
- Community service opportunities
- Cultural activities for the students
- Two weeks of living with American host families,
- An overview of U.S history and culture
- A lifelong alumni network for the participants
Are you interested in hosting a PAYLP participant during their two week stay? Let us know below!